Friday, March 28, 2008

Hormone Issues...

The Saturday before Easter I brought Lexie to the Groomers. I thought, instead of having a little girl to go buy a pink ruffled dress for, (since that isnt happening with this baby) that I would get my other little girl all prettied up for Easter.

When I left her there at 8am she seemed so nervous. I was saying good-bye to her and I told the Groomers "I'm sorry, but she always gets so anxious when I bring her here" So the Groomer says to me "Its okay, she is probably just upset that you're leaving her" Wrong thing to say to a pregnant lady....

All of a sudden my lower lip started to tremble and I pulled my Sunglasses down over my eyes and left. I cried the whole way home. I dont know if its the pregnancy or what, but I felt like I was the worlds worst Mother at that point. The way she looked at me with those sad eyes...Ugh! It was just awful.

Needless to say she was fine when I picked her up. She was so excited to see me. She was soft and clean, she probably didnt even remember the tradgedy that had just occurred only 2 hours prior when she thought I was never coming back....

I realize alot of it was pregnancy related hormones. But this is the closest I have ever come to those feelings that mothers tell you they experience, when leaving behind their little ones for the first time. So I do empathize with them... I just hope I can keep it together better, I have never been like this before? Im always the tough one, atleast I thought I was?

Regardless, Lexie recovered from the horrific episode just fine and this is how I found her the next morning when Shane and I woke up....
Im so glad she is such a lady ; )

1 comments:

abbyandcompany said...

You are due for an update, lady.