Monday, March 10, 2008

Commitment Issues...

I (We) just cannot figure out what we want to name our son. I know we still have 3 months to figure it out and part of me is glad that I don't have to commit to a name yet, but the other part finds it hard to understand why this process isn't any easier to do? I have at least 10 names as options but none of them really grab me. Shane had one name he was ready to commit to but I just can't, not yet at least....

So I've conceded to the fact that our child wont be named for at least another 2 months. My goal is to at least figure it out by my Shower date, May 4th. But then again, I like unusual names so it may never be received well. Which is another reason to just wait until we are forced to name our child....once we are inside the walls of Sharp Mary Birch and the epidural has kicked in. Maybe in the next few months some happening will occur, or we will just hear it, and just look at each other in agreeance and we will realize we just figured out what to name him. One day I will tell my son how I pondered his name, going back and forth, just to make sure we gave him the best name we could. I just feel bad for not being able to make a decision but then again I had this same issue when we were house hunting...and we ended up with a beautiful home and I am still so happy with our decision and with our patience, we ended up with exactly what we needed at the right price.

So hopefully our patience and perseverance will pay off with this lifelong decision as well. I guess this is just the beginning though... Geez, Motherhood has already caused me headaches and the little sucker isn't even here. I guess this falls into the category of "Choosing your Battles" but I thought it was directly related to marriage, not to inner conflicts? So for now I will let it rest.

To Be Continued...

2 comments:

Alyson | New England Living said...

I totally understand! Good luck!

abbyandcompany said...

How about Hill? Hill as per your maiden name. Before you stick your tongue out just play it over in your head. Hill Randall Henry. Hill Henry. He'll be a celebrity for sure! BTW, I like the diaper bag, but when you get to the cherrios stage, rethink it: You need something that is juice and crumb friendly!